Catholic in the Voting Booth: Know Your Faith, Vote Your Faith! Updated Nov 1 2012. This is a short and briefly annotated list of some voting guides I find useful. It’s not exhaustive but it’s a start. The best guide is to learn your faith. Seek the truth, find the truth, embrace that truth and hold onto it. Follow your conscience AFTER you FORM your conscience by the light of Christ’s teachings as guarded and protected and handed on by His Church for two thousand years. Be faithful. In the public square, at home, at work. Everywhere. (A post about voting and Catholic conscience: Catholic Every Moment and While I’m Voting Too!)
- USCCB Faithful Citizenship
- Voting Guide App: Confraternity of Catholic Clergy
- CatholicVote App: CatholicVote.
- EWTN, Brief Catechism
- Catholicity, Brief Guide
- Catholic Answers, category: voting.: several articles about different aspects of voting as a Catholic.
- HTML version of the Voters Guide including the Five Non-Negotiables. See also Catholics and the Culture Wars DVD and the Five Non-Negotiables CD.
- CatholicVote Guide: Download this Candidate Comparison as a printable flyer in Black & White, Color, or in Spanish. (Links broken, searches returned nothing as of April 29, 2019, hopefully they’ll have a new guide for the next election cycle.)
- Priests for life: Political Responsibility. Scroll down the page for several guides and comparisons between candidates and platforms and guides on issues.
- Vote Pro-Life Coalition: Downloadable flyers, guides, list of links to websites of many organizations in the coalition.
Form Your Conscience Before You Vote:
- Read Evangelium Vitae (the Gospel of Life).
- Read Humanae Vitae (Of Human Life).
- Study guide for Evangelium Vitae.
- Study guide for Humanae Vitae).
- Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church here or here or here and study the Catechism.
- Read documents written by the Popes and the documents of Vatican II.
- There’s an app for almost everything. Confession: A Roman Catholic App will help you perform an examination of conscience, something many of us were never taught.
See also the page Forming a Catholic Worldview and Conscience on this site.
Note, June 3 2019: I’m going through these pages, one by one, to check links and make any necessary corrections. If you find any broken links, etc., please let me know. Thanks, and thanks for reading. God bless!