Becoming Catholic is much more than deciding to join another denomination and sending in your letter. For one thing, the Church does not consider herself to be one denomination among many; she considers herself to be The Church founded by Christ. She considers the many communions that have sprung up all over the globe to be related to her even though separated from her. And she prays daily for the reunion of all Christians everywhere so that there will be no disunity in the Body of Christ, as Jesus Himself prayed in the Gospels.
Here are some articles, books, and sites to help you on your journey home to the Catholic Church. And, believe me, there really is no place like home!
- How to Become Catholic: article by apologist James Akin at Catholic Answers.
- How to Become Catholic: a different article at Catholic Answers.
- Becoming a Catholic: article at Catholic Online.
- Catholics Come Home: “…an independent non-profit Catholic apostolate that creates effective and compassionate media messages and broadcasts them nationally and internationally, in order to inspire, educate and evangelize inactive Catholics and others, and invite them to live a deeper faith in Jesus Christ, in accord with the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.”
- Coming Home Network International: Marcus Grodi helps non-Catholic ministers and laity on the journey home.
- The Journey Home: (Link fixed) Host Marcus Grodi talks with former non-Catholics who made the journey home. Listening to conversion stories helps you find answers for your own questions. Viewers can email and call-in during the show.
- Deep In Scripture: Another Marcus Grodi show. “…[I]gnorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ.” —St. Jerome, Prologue to the “Commentary on Isaiah”: PL 24,17.
- Excellent resources and articles at Steve Ray‘s site.
Note, Jan 27, 2020: If you find any broken links, etc., please let me know. Thanks, and thanks for reading. God bless!
Full disclosure: Some links on the blog are affiliate links. See the About the Site page for more info. Thank you for your prayers and support!