May 15, 2019
- 2:40pm: Added some books to the Booklist page. New additions go to the top of the list until I can work them into the lists properly. I wanted to share these right away. :)
May 3, 2019
- 4:15am: Finally added images to the Closing Prayers of the Rosary. Had to re-do the page due to the way the new editor works in WordPress. It’s based on blocks and I had all the text in one block. To add images I had to separate all the prayers first. And when did I start doing all of that? Why, at a normal person’s normal bedtime, of course. And then I had to select which pictures to use. And had to make sure they were all in the public domain. And had to adjust the color on some. And now I’m going to bed. ZZzzzzzz.
May 1, 2019
- 4:30pm: Navigation is added to all of the Mysteries, at the bottom of each page, after the gallery images. I’ll add the same links to the top of the pages later, and a better version if I come up with one. :)
- 3:00-ish pm: I opened accounts at Pinterest and Instagram. There’s not much there yet but it’s a start. I have graphics I made for the Rosary threads on Twitter and for the PsalmsJPII project, so I can post those. After such a long time not doing much other than tweeting, this is a flurry of activity for me. Feels good! :)
April 30, 2019
- 8:30pm: I’m adding the much-needed navigation to the individual Rosary pages tonight. Later I’ll tackle the unsightly titles in the image galleries. All those filenames. UGH! That will take some time. Look for them to be edited over a period of days. At least.
April 29, 2019
- 7:55pm: Spent the day adding a note to the Resources pages, saying that I’ll be checking links and repairing or removing broken ones, and added a note about affiliate links. (Amazon requires that, so I’ve been putting it in place.) Then after I put those notes up, I decided to move them from the top of the pages to the bottom, so they wouldn’t be all that showed up in search results. My motto: why do something right the first time when you can do it over and over instead? Oy. ;) If I hadn’t abandoned the blog for so long, this wouldn’t be such a mammoth task. But, you know, life and all, and the near loss of it. I’m back now and that’s what matters. Yesterday the blog stats were off the charts. Well, for me they were. All the more reason to get this place in order. And after that, I tackle the house. Now THAT will be a mammoth job for real! ;)
April 27, 2019
- 3:15am: Just finished adding some images to the Table of Contents page for the Rosary Project. That meant making sure I had decent quality images, that they were in the public domain, that no photographer had put a copyright of any kind on them, and putting a caption on them with artist’s name and source. I think I’m going to stop here for the night. I was up all night (Thursday night) dealing with an upgrade to a piece of software that I use for information management. It syncs across all my devices. And it almost went off without a hitch. Almost. Until it had a glitch. But I came up with a workaround and ended up not losing any info. I hope. ;) Thanks for visiting. God bless you. May His peace be always with you.
April 24, 2019
- 10:10pm: Tonight I tweeted that the Rosary pages are posted are ready to use. Added a Prayer Requests page. I’ve been missing that part of posting the Rosary tweets, so I added it here. I depend on y’all’s prayers and I want to pray for you, too. And this way we can continue to pray for each other, and more people can join us, people who never even heard of the Rosary Project. (I’m sure there are a few of them.) ;)
- 12:24am: Whew! The Mysteries of the Rosary are complete, for this first phase, anyway. The basic texts are there, the image galleries are there, it shows up in the top menu bar on every page, and it’s all linked on the Table of Contents page. I’ll be adding Previous and Next links to each page soon, and some other things, after I give my eyes and hands a break. May you find it all somewhat useful. God bless!
April 23, 2019
- 6:30am: So I was gonna go to bed. But I checked in on Twitter instead. Then I checked my To Do list for tomorrow, er, later today. Then I–well, you get the picture. I’m still up. And I just realized that I never mentioned the most obvious thing that I should mention on the What’s New page, namely, the whole site! It’s gone from a free blog at WordPress.com to its own domain, something I’ve wanted to do for years. With this change comes another: I will at long last be adding some Amazon Associate Affiliate links soon. Maybe that will help me check off some of the bazillion books on my wish list. ;)
- 3:27 am: As of now the Joyful, Luminous, and Sorrowful Mysteries are on site. The basic text is there, the prayers, and the image galleries. Tomorrow, well, later today I’ll do the Glorious Mysteries. I’ll add more text and images, navigation on each page to make it easier to use, and whatever else I think of, periodically. But I’m through for tonight. Deo gratias!
April 23, 2019, 1:48 am
- Well, finally, the Luminous Mysteries are all posted. You may have been looking at one of the pages and noticing the mysterious comings and goings of its image gallery. It wasn’t your imagination but it was my nightmare. After multiple tries I coaxed the thing to behave, so all is well now. I hope. (And as you can see by the timestamp up there, I am, indeed, a night-owl. Always have been. Sarcoidosis and Prednisone only magnify my natural tendency to night-owlishness.)
April 22, 2019, 9:15 pm
- After a full day of interruptions, editing images, and checking to see if they were definitely in the public domain (and having to retire one of my favorite ones because I discovered that it was licensed through Shutterstock, argh), I finally got the Third Luminous Mystery posted. So work. Much long. ;) Taking a break now. Miss Lucy Dawg and I are gonna snack and snuggle, two of our favorite things. Later, y’all. God bless you!
April 22, 2019, 3:00 pm
- I’m back at work on the site right now. I’ve been putting together the Luminous Mysteries but I slid down a rabbit hole, looking at images, searching for better ones, editing them to get rid of that awful yellow-green dark tint so many of them have. I have a method. Not a scientific one but a method nonetheless. Eventually I’ll get all this uploaded and you’ll be able to pray the Rosary all the way through. Huzzah! :) PS: I just found some books I really want and some articles (I’ll link these later on in a blog post) on sacred and profane images, their religious use, etc. Fascinating. Now if I can find my way out of this rabbit hole and get back to work. Anybody got a ladder? ;)
- I was putting these update notes at the beginning of the Rosary Project page, and there instead of in a blog post, mainly so you email subscribers wouldn’t be hit with a flood of posts from me. That would just be annoying. So I’ll annoy y’all here instead. :)