Note: This page is about the special intentions given by Pope St. John Paul II for use in the Divine Mercy devotion. To pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy, see the chaplet’s pages in the Devotions section on this site.
Five Intentions Given By Pope John Paul II
For Use in Recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to End Abortion, to End the Culture of Death, to Build a Civilization of Love. (About the Apostolic Blessing given by Pope John Paul II.)
- For mothers, that they not abort their offspring;
- For infants in danger of being put to death in the womb;
- For a change of heart of providers of abortions and of their collaborators;
- For human victims of stem cell research, genetic manipulation, cloning and euthanasia;
- And for all entrusted with the government of peoples, that they may promote the Culture of Life, so as to put an end to the culture of death.
2 thoughts on “Divine Mercy, the Five Special Intentions”
Hi Can I just say the chaplet of the divine mercy without intention or do I need to add the intention to it
Hi there, Giuseppe! You can pray it either way, use your own intentions or none at all. :)