+JMJ+ Today is the feast day of Saint Don Bosco. I’ve put some linked videos in this post and some more links in the notes section below. And as a special treat, we’ve got a video by Mother Angelica! Woohoo! Join me tonight for a celebration of one of the Church’s most beloved saints.
I’ve only known three Salesian priests during my twenty-five plus years as a Catholic and I realize that I don’t know much about the order or him. I’ve seen the film starring Ben Gazarra but that was years ago. I have two books, linked below, about him and his visions and dreams and I read them, also years ago. Apparently, I need to get reacquainted. More reading added to the never-ending list.
Video by the inimitable Mother Angelica, Dreams of St John Bosco. Pray for us, Mother Angelica!
Thanks for visiting the blog and reading and watching. I pray that you and I will stay holy and virtuous during this new year. Join me on the Quest* to become a SAINT. God bless you and may His Peace be always with you. +JMJ+
Join me on Fridays for the Rosary Project Live on Twitter at 8pm ET, 7pm CT, to cultivate a culture of Life and Love, and to end the culture of death. There’s also a Rosary on the blog you can use anytime.
“The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.” — Padre Pio
Notes and Links
- Dreams of St John Bosco: video, Mother Angelica Live Classics from 01-31-2012. (I really miss her.) cc
- The Two Pillars: A Vision of St. John Bosco, a video by Paradisus Dei/TMIY. (I just discovered this video and group today and I don’t know much about them, but I’ll be interested to learn more and to watch how it develops.)
- Dream of the Great Ship: Paperback, Kindle (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below).
- Forty Dreams of Don Bosco: Paperback, Kindle (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below).
- Don Bosco: The True Story of the Apostle of Youth, DVD, Special Edition DVD (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below).
*The Quest: I’m on a quest to learn how to practice my faith as deeply as possible. I want to be a SAINT. To this end I’m writing a series of posts using a book by Dr. Brant Pitre as one of my guides: Introduction to the Spiritual Life. See the Catholic Book of the Month page and scroll down to January’s posts. (I plan to add a page that has entries in most recent first order.) I hope you’ll join me. I’m learning a lot, I have a LONG way to go, and the more the merrier, don’t ya know.
Images: Don Bosco, (photo by?) Carlo Felice Deasti, Torino, 1887; and Dream of Don Bosco, both via Wikimedia Commons, public domain.
Full disclosure: When you make any purchase through my Amazon affiliate links (or my general Amazon link) on this site, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you. And thank you for your prayers and support.