+JMJ+ Greetings! Here on the feast day dedicated to St. Francis de Sales I want to share some resources about this great master of the spiritual life for the laity. Notes and links are at the end of the post.
The Quest posts (see the Catholic Book of the Month series, scroll down for January 2022 links) are based on a book that’s much like an updated version for those of us living in the world now and still not of it. And I don’t mean updated in a modernist sense of updated, but in a sense that it’s written the way we speak and write now and is easier to read, for me, anyway. But it has been many years since I read the Devout Life, I think it’s time for a re-read, after I finish the first read-through of the Pitre book.
Video below, EWTN Live: Saint Francis de Sales, Fr Mitch Pacwa, SJ with Fr Thomas Dailey, OSFS, televised originally 04-06-2011.
This looks pretty interesting, too. I started watching it tonight. Video below, Intro to Devout Life, Part 1, Fr. Daniel Greenleaf.
Thanks for visiting the blog and reading. I pray that you and I will stay holy and virtuous during this new year, and work out our salvation with fear and trembling, with guidance from the great spiriutal masters and writers of the Church, so that we become who the Lord intends us to be: SAINTS. God bless you and may His Peace be always with you. +JMJ+
Join me on Fridays for the Rosary Project Live on Twitter at 8pm ET, 7pm CT, to cultivate a culture of Life and Love, and to end the culture of death. There’s also a Rosary on the blog you can use anytime.
“The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.” — Padre Pio
Notes and Links
- EWTN Live: Saint Francis de Sales, Fr Mitch Pacwa, SJ with Fr Thomas Dailey, OSFS, 04-06-2011, video.
- Intro to Devout Life, Part 1, Fr. Daniel Greenleaf, video.
- Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales, John K. Ryan, translator: free PDF at archive.org.
- Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales: Paperback, Kindle. (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below.)
- The Classics Made Simple: An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St Francis de Sales (from the TAN Classics Made Simple Series): Paperback, Kindle. (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below.)
Image: St Francis de Sales, anonymous, via Wikimedia Commons, public domain.
Full disclosure: When you make purchases through my Amazon affiliate links (or my general Amazon link) on this site, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your prayers and support!
Copyright: All material on Catholic Heart and Mind is Copyright © 2009-2022 Lee Lancaster, except where otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. See Permissions and Copyright for more. Quoted material belongs to others and they retain their copyright. Most images and quoted material are in the public domain except where otherwise noted.