+JMJ+ November is the month devoted to the Holy Souls in Purgatory. It’s a time to remember our loved ones who have gone on ahead and to practice devotions and pray especially for them. The Holy See extended the indulgences through November because of Covid-19, see notes below for links about that.
I just got this book and haven’t even looked at it yet, but I have heard the author speak before so I’m looking forward to reading this. Below is a video of an interview about the book.
Video, William Hemsworth talks with Karlo Broussard about his new book, Purgatory Is For Real.
Also got this book recently, Hungry Souls: Supernatural Visits, Messages, and Warning from Purgatory, and haven’t started reading it yet but I think I will right after I post this tonight, well, right after I pour anotha cuppa.
Video, Hungry Souls: Supernatural Visits, Messages, and Warning from Purgatory, by Gerard J.M. van den Aardweg PH.D. This is a promotional video from the Catholic Company. I’ll include links to them below in the notes. Let me check to be sure–Well, they’re out of stock there. Let’s try TAN, the publisher. Good, they have it. Links below.
I’ve got a shelf of Catholic studies on the paranormal, the afterlife, NDEs (near-death experiences) and the supernatural, which is not what non-Catholics think of as the supernatural. For more on that see the Weekly Series on the Soul, the first five parts of the series are about Occult Phenomena in the Light of Theology, a book by Dom Wiesinger, OCSO, a Cisterian abbot and highly respected in the field of parapsychology.
Abott Wiesinger, a Cistercian theologian who conducted extensive research into the paranormal, demonstrates that while many so-called psychic happenings can be dismissed, others can be explained by “vestigial” powers of the human soul left over from its pre-fallen state:
“Theology teaches us that in Paradise man possessed powers which were afterwards lost to him. The question is, which powers were lost completely, which were merely weakened, and whether certain of these powers, which may have remained latent, might… be capable of revival.”From the book information at Marianland.
Thanks for visiting the blog and reading. I pray that you and I will stay holy and virtuous, and help each other to become who the Lord intends us to be: SAINTS. God bless you and may His Peace be always with you. +JMJ+
The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times. — Padre Pio.
A Rosary a day keeps the devil away!
Notes and Links
- Extending the extension: Praying for the dead all through November 2021: “…because of the disruptions due to Covid-19, the Apostolic Penitentiary gave a greater extension for indulgences for the Poor Souls for this November, allowing the faithful to receive a plenary indulgence for visiting a cemetery every day in November, not just November 1-8. The other special indulgence of visiting a church on All Souls’ Day and recite the Our Father and the Creed may be transferred to any other day in November.”
- Decree of the Apostolic Penitentiary on Plenary Indulgences for the deceased faithful, 28.10.2021.
- Video, Purgatory Is For Real, Karlo Broussard interviewed by William Hemsworth.
- Purgatory is For Real, by Karlo Broussard: Paperback, Kindle. (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below for more.)
- Hungry Souls: Supernatural Visits, Messages, and Warning from Purgatory, by Gerard J.M. van den Aardweg PH.D.: Paperback, Kindle. (Amazon affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below for more.)
- Buy it at: the Catholic Company: Out of stock.
- Buy it from TAN, the publisher: Available in Paperback, Ebook, or in MP3. (All of these formats are listed on the same page.)
- Links to the Wiesinger book are at the end of each of the first five posts in the Weekly Series on the Soul. There’s a free PDF and other formats are available, too.
Image in the banner: An Angel Frees the Souls of Purgatory, Ludovico Carracci, via Wikimedia Commons, public domain.
You’re invited to join us at 8pm ET, 7pm CT, on Fridays for our Live Twitter Rosary. We’re praying to cultivate a culture of life, to end the culture of death, and for the Holy Souls in purgatory. Just go to my Twitter page to join us. Just look for the pinned Rosary tweet. I usually tweet a few optional preliminaries in a thread beginning at about fifteen minutes before the Rosary begins. I hope I’ll see ya there!
Full disclosure: When you make purchases through my Amazon affiliate links (or my general Amazon link) on this site, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your prayers and support!
Copyright: All material on Catholic Heart and Mind is Copyright © 2009-2021 Lee Lancaster, except where otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. See Permissions and Copyright for more. Quoted material belongs to others and they retain their copyright. Most images and quoted material are in the public domain except where otherwise noted.