+JMJ+ Welcome to part 5 of the continuing series, the Story of Salvation. I found something to share with you, well, two somethings. It’s two talks by Scott Hahn (author of A Father Who Keeps His Promises, the main text, along with the Bible, that I’ve been using for this series, though I plan to use some other ones, too). And he managed to get almost everything about the story of salvation (well, a lot of it, anyway) into the first talk which lasts a little over an hour, and when he finished, I was not ready for him to stop. So I watched another one. I’m linking them here so you can watch them both, too.
Some of the things he talked about: Covenant, ‘abad, shamar, sacrament, sacrifice, sabbath, oath, sin, to make a name for oneself, to call on the Name of God, baptism, eucharist, repentance and confession, Wisdom literature in the Bible, the soul, the body, his days as a young troublemaker, his conversion, and I don’t even remember what all else after just one viewing. Guess I’ll have to watch again, huh? It’s a tough job but somebody’s gotta do it. ;)
Video – Scott Hahn, Two Wisdoms, Two Loves, from the 2019 Applied Biblical Studies Conference in Steubenville.
Video – Scott Hahn, Back to the Garden of Eden: Unearthing God’s Covenant with Humankind, from the World Meeting of Families, 2015 (I think).
Thank you for visiting and reading. I’ll write a longer post next week. This week I had to deal with some unexpected technical difficulties. I got it squared away, finally, tonight about an hour ago. Argh. :/ I hope you’ll join me again. Until next time, whoever and wherever you are, please stay safe and well, virtuous and holy. May the Lord bless and keep you and yours, and may His peace be always with you. +JMJ+
Notes and Links
- Scott Hahn, Two Wisdoms, Two Loves, video from the 2019 Applied Biblical Studies in Steubenville.
- Scott Hahn, Back to the Garden of Eden: Unearthing God’s Covenant with Humankind, from the World Meeting of Families, 2015
The books and videos below will give you a bird’e eye view of salvation history. I’ve introduced a lot of people to these over the years and have given away many copies. Everybody who received them enjoyed them and shared them with their friends and family, too.
- A Father Who Keeps His Promises: God’s Covenant Love In Scripture, by Scott Hahn. Paperback, Kindle. (Affiliate links, see Full Disclosure below.) Logos or Verbum format. (Requires Logos or Verbum software.)
- Our Father’s Plan, series by Jeff Cavins and Scott Hahn. Video series, from EWTN Religious Catalogue.
- The Bible Timeline Study, part of the Great Adventure series by Jeff Cavins. See this page with introduction and options.
Image in the banner from Pixabay.
Full disclosure: When you make purchases through my Amazon affiliate links (or my general Amazon link) on this site, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your prayers and support!
Copyright: All material on Catholic Heart and Mind is copyright 2009-2021 Lee Lancaster, except where otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. See Permissions and Copyright for more. Quoted material belongs to others and they retain their copyright. Most images and quoted material are in the public domain except for otherwise noted.